Should we tell the other grandparents?

My step daughter is 8 weeks pregnant. The father of the baby has said he wants nothing to do with the baby. I don't think he has told his parents, so I am torn about whether we should tell them. I just know that if it was me, I would want to know. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• It should be up to your SD, not you. And if I were in her position, yes I would tell them
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• If she is under age, yes tell.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• They do have the right to know, especially if the parents-to-be are minors. I think your SD should tell them as they are going to be the grandparents and they may want to have a relationship with the child. I also hope they talk to their son about responsibility and how he will be paying child support for the next 18 years....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:49 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I agree that they have the right to know. She should tell them if she's an adult, and you and your dh should tell them (with her) if she's a minor.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 10:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yep, I'd tell them. I know I'd want to know and I'm a grandma

Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I would find out more about them before telling them. If they are nut jobs I would not want them to know. Considering their son is a dirt bag for not wanting to be in the child's life that is possible. They could be nice and help your stepdaughter. I would want to know what kind of people then tell them. That baby deserves to only have good people that will love it in its life.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It's the baby's mother's decision. You can recommend this or that, give an opinion but regardless of her age, if she's not planning to pursue child support (if he's a minor they'd have to pay it), then it's her decision if she wants to share the baby with them.
    If you do tell them, just try to prepare yourself for the whole "she's a ho, it's not my baby, I want a DNA, she's blah blah blah" and that could cause her to have a harder pregnancy.
    If it were my son, I'd want to know that it MIGHT be my grandchild (not saying your SD is lying, only saying the only way you know for absolute sure it's yours is if you give birth yourself).
    If they're both minors, I'd hope that someone told me so I could atleast supply him with condoms so it doesn't happen again maybe.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• If she's underage, his parents need to know. if not, let her decide.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2009