Does anyone else despise texting?

I hate texting! I hate doing it and I hate that I cannot have a normal conversation with anyone ever, because everyone is always texting. My brother was ove rlast night and he texted the whole time he was here. We were playing trivial pursuit and I had to repeat every question because he was reading a text or texting someone. All of my friends texts all the time. My husband has had to fire people at work because his employees are all addicted to texting and they cannot help but text every five seconds. How do teachers deal with this? Do kids text in school all day too. Am I the only one that is annoyed by texting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I hate it and the boys that live next door to me are actually respectful enough to wait until they are done with a conversation with someone in front of them to text back. Also their parents have the phone company turn off their service from 730 a until 230 p during the week while they are in school. I think that is a great idea.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It depends...if it's "can you grab some milk on the way home" then NO, I don't but if it's an intimate conversation, it shouldn't be done via text...too much gets left open for interpretation,,,just like blogging on here. That's why so many get their feelings hurt since they cannot see the body language or tone of the person's voice when they type.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:42 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I agree. I went to my cousins last week & she couldn't even focus on conversation due to her phone.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 8:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i love texting lol. but i do not do it all the time. then again my phone is a cheap min phone and it takes a whole mine for 2 texts. Theres a right time to do and a wrong when ur at work is wrong. when ur driving is wrong. when ur playin a game hanging out u shouldnt do it. hell i was an assitant manager and i was about to get the boss to fire this 17 yr old bc she had TWO phones and was on the all the damn time! so i guess i love it but hate it all at the sametime
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i hate it too! i don't know about school yet, as my son is in preK...however, i do know there are a lot of spoiled school-aged kids who have phones better than mine! what gives, moms? they don't really need one anyway. you think it keeps them safer? no..it only allows you to hear their voice if you call them--you have no idea where they are and who they are with.
    anyhoo, when i do text someone back, i use my own kind of crazy abbreviations..it my way of getting back at texters! lol
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• yes school kids text a lot of school.. i know a lot of school aged kids and they tell me.. they just put it on vibrate its not that hard to hide
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I do it when I dont want to talk to some1, and when you text you can just stop and they cant do anything about it
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:10 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yes I HATE texting. Plus it costs me an arm and a leg because I refuse to buy the plan and everyone always texts me anyway.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 9:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I used to. But then I realized how nice it is when the kids are being loud and I cant have a conversation with someone on the phone. It's also nice for DH when he's busy and I don't want to call him, but I need to ask him or tell him something.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I hate it too. I had the texting turned off on our phones so we can't send or receive and it is great.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2009