Should a mom continue breastfeeding after the second year?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• YES. my child is 23 months, and unless he decides it's time to stop, i don't plan to stop for several more months. he does only nurse 1-3 times per day, and for very short durations, so i appreciate that ;)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Why shouldn't they? What is so wrong with it? The child still gets nourishment from the milk.

How is breastfeeding any different than giving a 2 or 3 year old COW milk? The cup is a breast, the milk is made for human consumption.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:20 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I wouldn't, but that's just me. The nutrition in breastmilk drops off as a child ages, so it's not a nourishment issue. I think it's more of a comfort issue and I have taught my children to find comfort in other sources by the time they were 13-14 months.

Answer by missanc at 10:06 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Depends on the person. I don't know if I would or not. I haven't been able to bf past nine months for various reasons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Should you mind your own bussiness?
    I thnk YES
    It is their choice not yours
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2009