PJ Party?

What age is good to start having a PJ party? My daughter is 7 and wants to have one for her birthday this year. She has only 1 friend that has spent the night a few times at our house and thats only because she lived down the street and I know her mom very well. I have not given her an answer yet. PLEASE HELP....

penepooh

Asked by penepooh at 9:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • My daughter just turned 8 and is having one this year. She has been to several spend the night parties that her friends had within the last year. One option if you're not sure yet is a "half sleepover." My daughter went to one of these when she was 5 where she went to the little girl's house with her bag packed, etc. They ate supper, had cake, did a small craft, changed into their pjs and watched a movie. Then the parents picked their daughters up at 10 already in pjs with teeth brushed and ready for bed. It was a cute idea for kids that weren't "quite" ready for the overnight yet. But at 7, I would think the kids would be fine.

Answer by missanc at 9:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My daughter had one for her 7th. I got the kids blow-up microphones, they watched HS Musical 1, sang and danced. Had a blast. A few needed to go home (behavior at 1 am or just needed mom). I would rec just a few girls. 12 was tooooooooo many.
    mnrsmom900

Answer by mnrsmom900 at 9:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2009