Do you remember what it felt like when your water broke?

The doctor broke it for me when I was induced. I'm just remembering it now, it was so gross. That was one of the most uncomfortable parts of giving birth, I felt like I was peeing myself until they put the catheter in. Yuck!

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 9:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The doctor broke mine, but I was laying in bed and then all the sudden I felt like I peed about 2 gallon of warm water.....then nothing for a little bit....Then small contractions started.
    ToberzMama

Answer by ToberzMama at 9:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i was in bed when mine broke. that was the nastiest thing ever. it felt as if someone stuck a warm hose down my pants. i honestly never want to feel that again. With my 2nd child i didnt even go into labor
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• both times it happened in the hospital, first was artificially second was on it's own but both felt like something had popped inside me, it startled me both times, and then it was just a huge, warm, nasty gush lol. i thought it was never going to stop both times.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:35 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• With my first one I didn't feel a thing! Heck I didn't even know that is what had happened for a day and a half (it was a leak not a hole). My second one I was sitting in the hospital and it felt like a little pop and then I was soaked. I was sitting crosslegged on the hospital bed needless to say the socks that I had been wearing went in the trash when all was said and done. lol
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 9:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I was in the hospital and in bed and it broke on it's own... I remeber calling the nurse saying... "I think my water broke... that or I peed the bed" LOL
    And well, it felt hot and wet
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• With my first one, I was in the middle of making pancake for breakfast and I felt it come out. With my second one, I was scrubbing the kitchen walls (something I was not supposed to be doing because I had toxemia/pre-eclampsia and was told to stay in bed) and I felt it break and run down my legs. both of these times, I had to shove a towel in between my legs because when I would move, there would be a gush. It was NASTY feeling!

With my third, they broke it for me because they were going to induce, but I went into normal labor by myself.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2009