How do you forgive a husband who had cheated on you.

I have always suspected he has talked with other women in the past, I don't think he actually slept with those. But several months ago i actually caught him leaving the hotel with this particular women.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• First off I am so sorry this happend to you. You are always going to wonder, why he did it, if he is still doing it, will he do it again, and you are going to turn yourself into a very angry person because all you are ever going to think about is THAT! Kick his ass out, and get you a rebound guy:) The best way to get over somebody is to get under somebody else :) J/K but no really kick his ass, you are to good for him and its not your fault he did it, after all honey he's just a man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I don't know if I ever could forgive that, personally. I guess you would have to talk to him and go to counseling and if he wants his marriage to work then you'd have to give him another chance, which means you'd have to try to forgive him and trust him. Did you confront him and ask him why?
    2coolmama

Answer by 2coolmama at 10:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• it takes a while but it can be done but you need to make sure you put his ass threw hell for it first lmao
    Anonymous

• 1) find out exactly what's going on 2) if you BOTH want the relationship to work out then seek counseling 3) Forgiveness comes with the help and Grace of God.
    Anonymous

• i don't think you can ever forgive a man for doing that. what you can do is ask yourself do you love this man enough to stay with him and except what he has done (and prepare yourself if he does it again) or are you going to leave him and move on. once you make the decision it just takes time to proses it and move on.
    cokalea

Answer by cokalea at 10:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Hate to say it but once a cheater always a cheater. The only way you can sleep easy is to pack and go. You will always over analyze things. Check his pockets, check his phone, question where he has been and why he hasnt answered his phone. If that is something you can live with and think you can make it work you have to forgive and forget but protect your heart.
    Adsherf

Answer by Adsherf at 11:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• you have to cheat on him, jk
    swingers club maybe?
    Either that or leave him. Who is he to think he deserves variety but YOU can only sleep with his cheating ass!
    molys

Answer by molys at 11:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• honestly, i'd move in with my dad and go from there. he'd have to realllly prove himself to me. homie don't play that.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• kick him in the balls, then to the curb. once a cheater, always a cheater.
    unga

Answer by unga at 1:07 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I am completely there with you. I found out my husband was having an affair with a woman I know very well. Although I was upset, I tried to make it work for the kids.
    Although he apologiez, I could tell that he wasn't 100% in to making things work so I became suspicious of everything. I just got an apartment yesterday. I feel so relieved. I knew it was time to leave when I felt better away from him than when I was with him. My kids are both boys 9 and 11. I'm scared about how this is going to impact them, but I know I cannot let them grow up thinking its OK to treat women like this. I know its easy to say "leave him" until it actually happens to you. If you decide to stay, you need to get lots and lots of counseling -- both couple and individual. I wish you the best.
    michelleinsa

Answer by michelleinsa at 6:04 AM on Jun. 24, 2008