My 6 month old has grown out of his Graco Snugride car seat. I need recommendations for which seat to get next. Thanks!

Jillian787

Asked by Jillian787 at 9:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are lots of good convertible seats out there depending on your budget. I would stay away from all 3 in 1 seats (such as the Alpha Omega) they don't tend to last as long as the claim and you end up buying the same type of seat again in a year or so.
    I would stick to one of these. (listed from low to high in price)
    Cosco Scenera
    Evenflo Triumph Advance
    Graco MyRide 65
    First Years True Fit
    Any of the Britax convertibles

I would find a Babies R Us or Toys R Us if you can and check out the seats... you can see which fits your baby and which fits your car the best (they let you try them in your car)

We own 2 Triumph Advance and I like them a lot. We also own a cosco scenera for a spare seat.
    If the Myride would have been out at the time we got our seats I would have gotten that one instead... it's an awsome seat!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:58 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It is expensive but I believe the Britax Advocate is the best. It goes to 35lbs rear facing and 65 forward facing. I was super easy to install in my Honda Accord and is so sturdy. I feel as if my baby is as safe as he can possibly be. He looks so comfortable in it. It is well worth the money.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I recomend the Graco Nautilus 3 in 1. I have 3 different car seats (mom, dad, gma's seats) and this is my favorite. It has easy to use adjustments, it has a protective piece so it reduce the risk of pinching the legs when buckling, it has a built in cup holder, side compartments for binky, cherrios or smaller toes that the child can reach. It converts into a booster (i havent used yet). If i would have boughten this one first all 3 of my seats would be this one!
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 10:05 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Her baby is 6 months old... the Nautilus is a great seat but not for a baby!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• The Nautilus is GREAT for an older and bigger child. It's a forward facing only seat. Personally, I LOVE out True Fit, but it depends on what you are looking for. What's your budget? Age and weight of child? What car(s)?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 11:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2009