Cardio????

So i started my cardio workout yesterday and it was real good...i loved it, i got a dvd from the library and it was just awesome!! So my question is have any of you ladies tried cardio for losing weight?? Did it work for you?? How soon did you see results??

adriana18

Asked by adriana18 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Hi Adriana,
    Cardio is the KEY to losing weight, the more intense, the more you lose faster!! You can lift as many weights, and take as many yoga classes as you want, but bottom line if you are intaking more calories than you burn, you will gain weight.
    Not only does cardio blast calories (especially high intensity cardio), it revs up your metabolism so you are burning away all day long.

There is a very helpful AND FREE blog I would recomment strongly, you can ask questions and get direct answers back. There are also all kinds of tips and workout examples - plus its very motivating! A friend recommended it and I'm hooked!
    It's like a free personal trainer!
    Good Luck :)

http://dynamicworkouts.blogspot.com/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yes cardio workouts are an important part of getting in shape and losing weight, but I would not say it is the most important. Alot of people don't understand how important strength training is. You can do cardio pretty much as much as you want but if you're not doing some kind of strength training you're not going to get the kind of results we all want. Make sure you're using resistance about 3 times a week. This could be either free weights or resistance bands whatever just as long as you're building muscle. Muscle burns fat and speeds up your metabolism, its a fact. So keep up the great cardio but just make sure you're getting your strength training in as well, and of course eat 3 healthy meals and 2 snacks a day :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 8:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I do both cardio and strength combined with a healthy diet and plenty of sleep.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Sep. 25, 2009