Pregnant again while already pregnant?!!!

Check out this video Babies conceived two weeks apart, but are not twins

Why do some women have the gift of fertility, while others (like myself) had to never consider birth control?

I've never been on birth control my entire life (I'm 41 now), and have been wanting children but had trouble getting pregnant. My 17yr old daughter was conceived with help. Why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I saw this, and I have seen this before... My question is why would anyone work against nature to force themselves to get pregnant. Did you ever think you were meant to be a mom to those that are already here? There are millions of kids that need a mom. Why would you go through all that to have a child when there are so many that need you? IF nature wants this woman to have 2 then she's going to... Why be jealous?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Wow, never heard of it and obviously , as they say it is not normal. No one can say why some can't get pregnant, thats not for me to know and I guess world poverty and globaal warming is more important so they haven't studied the whys of it.
    I suppose someone who has many eggs could possibly have one let loose after a pregnancy is already established, it's just not supposed to work that way. Getting a little extra help in getting pregnant is not forcing yourself to get pregnant. Are you sterile Anon? If not you don't even know how you would feel and act if was really you.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:22 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yea that is a crazy story, OMG I would have died lol. Having one child at a time was enough for me lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• While I don't have an answer to your question, I know where you're coming from.

I am very fertile. I get pregnant very easily. But I have a lot of trouble keeping pregnancies. I've been pregnant 6 times and I have 2 living children. Ive had 3 miscarriages and a stillbirth at 31 weeks.

It's heartbreaking when you see how easy it is for others and how hard it is for you.

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 10:30 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I'm in the opposite position. My husband and I have absolutely NO trouble getting pregnant and having babies. I'm currently pregnant with our 4th child and our oldest is not even 5 yet!

It's an awkward situation for us to be in because we have LOTS of friends who have difficulty getting pregnant. It's always so hard to tell them that we are pregnant AGAIN when we know they are struggling to have one or two or their own.

God made us all different and called us all to different positions in life.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 10:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• A woman should NEVER feel guilty about being blessed with fertility. That's just silly. Yes i'm sure it's hard on the peeps that have trouble concieving, but for them to hold that against you would be so wrong. I tell ya what, my son was BORN with cancer, we fought it for years. Does that mean that I am bitter towards women who give birth to healthy babies?? NO
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I harbor a lot of guilt because my Husband and I just have to be in the same room for me to get pregnant. I am not a kid person, never have been but I have learned how to be a good Mommy. It is very uncomfortable to be around friends and family that can't get pregnant, lose pregnancies or have lost a child. I had a friend whose Husband murdered their son, I was not able to sit comfortably with her for three years.
    As for the original poster, I hate to sound harsh but at least you have a child, I know people who have tried and spent tens of thousands of dollars to get pregnant and NEVER got a child from it, at least you have one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I have an aunt and uncle that were carried and born together, but who are not twins.  My grandmother became pregnant with my aunt, then she became pregnant with my uncle two months later!  They were babies seven and eight for her, but they were all naturally conceived.

EternalChild86

Answer by EternalChild86 at 11:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2009