can head and shoulders make dandruff worse?

with in the last month i started noticing had dandruff. a lot of people suggested that i use head and shoulders, so i got the two-in-one. i've been using it for about a week or so, and i think it might be making the dandruff worse for me. i think it's drying my scalp more.has this happened to anyone else that used head and shoulders? i have some tee tree shampoo that i'm going to start using and i hope it helps better than the head and shoulders did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• My DD has it bad we use the T-sal (I think, I cant remember now what exactly its called) but its by neutrogenia and kinda looks like Dial antibacterial soap in color(amber/brown/red) Works great for her...I tried the head and shoulders but was not impressed.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 10:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• we also use the Neutrogena T/gel and works really good. every now and then when i feel like i have it bad, i will lather the shampoo on and find something to do for like 30 mins (like get on cafe mom) and then rinse it out. i think then it has more time to work.
    momandytai

Answer by momandytai at 12:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• it depends on if you actually have dandruff, it could be JUST dry flaking skin, or residue buildup.
    If you have dandruff they make a tea tree oil shampoo which is awesome. Several brands have one.
    Also if it is dry skin, maybe look into a deep conditioning treatment of some kind. Stuff like head and shoulders will dry it out more.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• it is buildup. Neutogena will get rid of any residue and then use the lightest formula. The smell of the stronger one is really potent.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• uh never heard of dandruff shampoo making your hair worse. and it's "tea tree". how often are you washing?
    siren_sexy

Answer by siren_sexy at 1:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2009

• Ok. So I didn't have dandruff until recently. With a new baby and a toddler I dont get to shower as much as I'd like and when I do I cant blow dry my hair, I throw it up in a bun soaking wet so all of a sudden I got dandruff. Well dh has dandruff. I used the same one u used.. The head and shoulders 2 in 1. AND ITS MAKING IT WORSE! My head itches so dang bad I swear I could pull my hair out n rub baby oil on my scalp!!! Driving me nuts! So yes, ur not alone.
    Oh, while doing some research... I also found out that its been giving people red bumps on their scalps. Those red bumps soon turn to bald spots on their heads. This has been going on w/ dh for months and the dr had no clue what it was.. Thanks alot Head and Shoulders!
    Ballababy177

Answer by Ballababy177 at 5:09 AM on Sep. 28, 2010