i feel like worst mom ever right now

My son was waiting for the bus with his brother and ran up to me when the bus got there crying that he didnt want to go... I gave him a hug and told him he had to run and get on the bus and that i love him it would be ok. Anyone else have trouble with there kids not wanting to go to school.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• A lot of kids do that, but don't worry, you did the right thing. Next thing you need to watch for is calls from the school
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:22 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Oh momma, my daughter cried just about everyday last year...

It was horrible...The teachers would tell me that she was fine in class and in the mean
    time I was falling apart...

It is so hard on everyone...do you try talking to him? Are the teachers aware of the situation?

Good luck to you
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Sometimes there is a reason. My son was in first grade and started telling me he would rather be eaten by alligators (he had just visited his grandmother in FL) than go to school. The teacher was hitting the other kids and knocking them on the floor.

I went to school and stood in the hall. Sure enough, the teacher hit a kid with rolled up magazines and knocked him on the floor. I talked to the teacher and she said my son couldn't be switched to another class. The principal backed the teacher.

Then she made the mistake of telling me I was a poor single mother and there was nothing I could do about my son's class or about her hitting kids. We lived in a state where hitting kids is legal. I withdrew my son and got the teacher and principal fired.

We homeschooled.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my son did that quite often last year (1st grade)---would complain of a sore throat every morning but he was fine. He loved his teacher (still visits her every morning this year and raved about her). Not sure what his problem was.
    You did the right thing. Right choices aren't always easy to live with!
    lissa27504

Answer by lissa27504 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my niece is in kindergarten and she cries every morning when she gets ready for school. she really enjoys having books read to her and now she knows that if she gets ready like a big girl with no crying to slow her down. then she can have a book read to her before school so she does it.
    momandytai

Answer by momandytai at 12:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• No. Thankfully my children have always loved school, I had a really hard time when I was little. Call or e-mail his teacher and ask how he's doing. Often a child has trouble separating from his/her parents, but does fine once in school. You should always feel free to call the teacher when you're worried. Mine like school and I still check in to see how they're doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Sep. 25, 2009