Catholic church funding of ACORN?

Niice huh? I am disgusted

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:18 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Because they do good things for poor people

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:21 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• So sweet because they may have of done SOME good that means who cares about all of their dirty dealings? I think not

I am disgusted by it all including FOR SURE all of the catering and to illegals in this country..sick to hell of it all..we are causing our own demise..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• So sweet because they may have of done SOME good that means who cares about all of their dirty dealings? I think not I am disgusted by it all including FOR SURE all of the catering and to illegals in this country..sick to hell of it all..we are causing our own demise..

A few workers dirty dealings don't make up the company. and what of BlackWaters "dirty dealings"? Haliburton? please, you only care because it is ACORN, your ire is politically motivated

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You know.... I wouldn't absolve anyone from this but Acorn has had a lot of people fooled. No one looked, or cared to look until now. Sure a few people said they were involved in some fraud but no one but Beck beleived they were crooked enough to dig back. When Obama became President it was he himself who proclaimed he worked for and with him. Of course you had to look into his involvement too.
    It amazes me why people would balk so at people who want to find the seed of corruption in our government. If they are involved, too bad for them. They may go down. If they were duped, well, they should willingly join in the investigation.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You know.... I wouldn't absolve anyone from this but Acorn has had a lot of people fooled. No one looked, or cared to look until now. Sure a few people said they were involved in some fraud but no one but Beck beleived they were crooked enough to dig back. When Obama became President it was he himself who proclaimed he worked for and with him. Of course you had to look into his involvement too. It amazes me why people would balk so at people who want to find the seed of corruption in our government. If they are involved, too bad for them. They may go down. If they were duped, well, they should willingly join in the investigation.

No one is "balking" they are being investigated and Fed $$ taken away. Crime should get punished. but the actions of SOME employees don't warrant demonizing the whole org.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Tnmomof five, I don't know about Canada, but in America the Catholic Church's bishops have agreed to pull their funding in light of all the scandals. I think there are more worthy organizations than ACORN that can help people in need of help.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

Catholic church needs their funding pulled based on THEIR scandals! Talk about corruption of children!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Catholic church needs their funding pulled based on THEIR scandals! Talk about corruption of children!

sweet that was unfair even for you. I am Catholic and I am a teacher. I am not corrupting anyone. If you are referring to the molestations that become public years ago, then you should also be slamming public schools, boy/girl scouts, ymca's, other churches, daycares and other facilities that get funds. You can't single out just one.

OP, ACORN was mentioned in mass on Sunday. The churches in our diocese have not themselves contributed funds to ACORN.

I think we all would be wise to know where our money goes. That is one of the reasons I would prefer to have some of my taxes that are spent on charity to be spent by me. We have a couple of very worthwhile organizations here in town, one of them is a shelter for runaway children. Last winter they had an 8 yr old. So sad.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Good to hear lam...and yourspecial totally agree
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2009