It breaks my heart everday

I just started back to work. My son is 15 months old and he cries everytime I leave. It is so bad I spend most of the day thinking about quiting. I really do want to return to being a sahm but we need the money right now and in a year we hope to buy a house so me having a job will help to get a loan. My question is how do you deal with that feeling of miss them and feeling bad for having to leave them

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Usually they stop crying within a few minutes of your leaving, they cry for your benefit only. lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Your baby is letting you know how important it is for you to be with him. He will only be a baby for a short time. You have the rest of your life to buy a house.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:34 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• im a sahm again now but when i was working what helped me was to call and see how they are doing on my breaks
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:36 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Its SO hard... I had to start bringing my son to daycare at 16 months old and he's 22 months old and still doesn't want to go there -he likes it and does good there, he just doesn't want to me to leave... it still is hard but it got easier for me after a few months ..... and don't feel bad about this. Not ALL Of us have the opportunity to be SAHM's. I wish I could, but we just CAN'T.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Trust me when I say this. Your son will need you so much more between the ages of 12 and 18 than he does now. Now is the time to save for your retirement and college for your son.

Good luck to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• The only problem with your plan of working untill you get home is that if you want to stay home with your child after you get the house then you BETTER figure out a mortgage that you can afford on 1 income.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My landlord is not renewing are release because she wants to sell the house in june. My son is 15 months this will be the 3rd time we have moved since he was born (long story) I can't keep moving him around that is why i'm trying so hard to buy a house. And I really wish I could call him during the day but I clean houses and can't really stop to talk on the phone. It sucks!lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• As a daycare provider, know that they really do settle down after a few minutes and begin to have fun. You are trying to do what is best for your family and that is admirable. I send my daycare Mamas pics on their phones. Maybe if your plan allows it, you could do the same. It doesn't take time out of their day except for a couple seconds to glance at the phone, but it helps to see their smiling babies and know that they are well taken care of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i work b/c hubby can't find a job- i had to start leaving my little girl at 3 months. what helped me was explaining why you have to leave- they may not understand, but it reminded me that it was worth it to be able to provide for her. and the crying does stop five minutes after you go out the door.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• yeah most babies stop crying before your even out of the driveway. you going to work is teaching your baby that you will leave but you will also come back to him.
    momandytai

Answer by momandytai at 12:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009