Is 6ozs of formula to much for my 2 month old?

My son eats 4-6 ozs every three or so hours during the day and at night i give him 6ozs around ten he'll sleep til like 3 a.m. then wake up il give him another 4-6 ozs then he'll sleep til bout 7 a.m. he eats all of it and seems hungry if i dont give him this amount. He doesnt spit up and he burps really good! I read that his age babies should be eating 4-5 ozs every 3-4 hours maybe hes just over average? right? should i be concerned?

shawwife88

Asked by shawwife88 at 10:48 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's great he eats that much! I breast feed and supplement with formula and my little one is 11 weeks he eats 4-5 oz in formula he's been eating that much since about 5 weeks, sometimes he will eat 6 ounces and like your son he hardly ever spits up so I think it's okay as long as he is pooping and peeing throughout the day I think you're good! congrats on baby!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• oh great thank you darlin :)
    and congrats to you too.
    everything else seem to be goin alrighty with you and baby?
    shawwife88

Answer by shawwife88 at 10:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I agree. My little one was a piggy. As long as they are not spitting it up. They can't over eat according to my pediatrician. He ate about 4-5 oz every couple of hours and 6 at other times. He spit up on occation though. Good luck.
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 12:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• if you're baby is taking it, its not too much. your baby will let you know when he's done
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 7:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009