Does your child own a toy that gives you the creeps?

My DS received an "Elmo Live" for his birthday. If I hear,"Uh-oh, Elmo fell down. Can you help Elmo up, please?" one more time I think I'm going to hide it in the closet. It also laughs maniacally and if you leave it lying down it will yawn and tell you it's taking a nap. Elmo is staring at me as I'm typing this...........

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 10:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh, gosh, yes! Well, they don't have it anymore. I sold it at a yard sale. lol. It was a Big Bird thing that was motion sensored. Right after we got it, I walked in the living room late at night with all lights off. All of a sudden, I heard "Peek-a-boo! I see you!" And this creepy laugh. Ugh! I nearly had a heart attack. I called DH in there and he came running in there in his underwear with our gun just to find out it was that stupid Big Bird.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• ROFL he IS pretty creepy! The weirdest for us was Barney...he wud say "I love you" in the middle of the night....reallllllly creeeeeeeepy
    Del672

Answer by Del672 at 11:09 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Well, he doesn't have it anymore but for his very first Christmas DH's parents got DS a toy shotgun that fired plastic projectiles. I couldn't believe it. The sight of that in my son's hands when he wasn't even one year old yet. We ended up leaving it at their house "to play with there" but eventually even DH got tired of it and told his mother to get rid of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:15 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I can totally understand that, Anon 11:25, I don't blame you.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Renea, LOL! That is so funny!!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 4:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2009