Until when can you drive when you are pregnant?

There are times when we, pregnant moms need to drive. At what term can you afford to drive without difficulty?

mommytoots

Asked by mommytoots at 10:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I drove till the day i delivered with both pregnancies without a problem. I didn't drive for a couple of weeks AFTER I delivered.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I drove throughout my whole pregnancy, it started getting uncomfortable around the last few weeks because baby was so low, getting in and out of an expedition is not the easiest thing! Just be careful, specially if you are high risk or if you've been put on bed rest for some reason then obviously you probably shouldn't even leave your house :)
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 10:58 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Um, the day you drive yourself to the hospital to give birth to that baby...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I drove til the very end with both pregnancies. I went into labor with both of them in the early am and with both I was driving the evening before.
    Anonymous

• I drove all the way through up to about 7 1/2 months.....but that was only because my dad and my husband demanded i stop. It was mostly because by the time i reached that point my belly stuck out so far that i couldn't grab the wheel anyway lmao ;)
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 11:01 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I didn't know there was such a restriction unless you are high risk with other medical conditions, I know they say not to drive after the baby was born if you had a c-section and on pain meds.

Needless to say I drove the whole time and about a week after giving birth I started driving again.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I drove with the first 3 until the day I delivered, with my 4th until about a week before I delivered.

Answer by missanc at 11:03 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i drove until i had my kids all four of my kids, but it did get uncomfortable the last month so I kept as much distance as I could away from the wheel. ( i don't recommend this) i even drove myself to the hospital with my two year old. there was ice on the ground and its a miracle we are even alive. my advice if you don't have anyone to take you to the hospital call 911.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:07 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Unless you had medical conditions (like preclampsia) why wouldnt you be able to drive? I drove myself to my induction (Hubby was with me but his driving scared me so I always drove lol) and I even drove myself to the hospital during my 2 pre-term labors
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:08 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• until you are in active labor... i drove until 40w6d, i had my son at 41 weeks, and my husband drove me to my midwife's office and then later to the hospital that day.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:16 AM on Sep. 24, 2009