11 Months And Hitting

My Son Is Going To Be 11 Months This Saterday! He Has Started Hitting.. How Can I Break Him Of This At Such A Young Age? I Don't Know Where He Picked This Up At...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If he is hitting because he is frustrated you can try to figure out why he is frustrated and reduce his level of frustration. Teaching babies signs so they can communicate may help.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• look him in the eyes and firmly say no hitting, also have him take a one min time out.
    be consistent
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:02 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My sister helped babysit my little one. and when she hit my sisiter would take her hands and put them togehter and say "hands are for praying, not hitting". we are not a very religous family but it seem to stop her and focus her off the hitting.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 11:23 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my son started this too at 9 months (still workin on breakin it). i say no hitting twice, if he does it again i put him down away from me (like facing a wall or something). and again say no hitting. they do this early bc its that learning what happens if.... type thing. just like throwing food or bangin a toy against the wall. i have had to a couple times pop his hand.....that usually stops it right away, bc after a few no's he starts laughing at me....ya a sense of humor lol. but the other method i'd try first.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My Son Is A Very Happy Baby.. He Doesnt Cry Often, He Does However Throw Lil Fits If He Doesnt Get His Way.. The Times I Find Him Hitting Are When I Am Holding Him, I Am Thinking To Him Its A Game! He Slaps Me In The Face, I Dont See Any Signs Of Frustrations,Its All Fun In Games To Him, There Have Been A Few Times That I Have Had To Spank His Hand, Not Hard Of Course, But It Did Get His Attention, He Laughed At Me And Proceeded To Do It Agian.. He Does It To His Daddy To,But More So To Me.. And The Sad But Kinda Funny Thing Is.. My Son Will Look At His Daddy To See If He Is Looking.. Its Like He Knows.. Does He At Such A Young Age?
    NewMommyNMt

Answer by NewMommyNMt at 11:05 AM on Sep. 25, 2009