If you lost a child, should you still display their pictures?

We bought a digital photo frame and I was downloading photos to it. My daughter passed a couple of years ago & I have her pictures on the wall & dresser in my room with her siblings. But would people be offended if I also put a photo of her in my digital frame?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am terribly sorry for your lost. My heart goes to you and your family. I think that some family members have good intentions with their comments but they just don't seem to understand that everybody grieves differently and that your dd will forever be your child.

She is part of your life and she lives in your heart and memory. Your feelings are valid whatever they are. This is about you and your love for your child, it has nothing to do with anybody's opinions. You do what feels appropriate to you, in your own terms don't base any of your decisions in how some family members will interpret what you are doing. Do what you feel is right and simply tell them.

I know you mean well but this is my child and I will do things as I need to do them, I appreciate your concern but you need to leave it alone. This is way to personal and I assure you, this is my way of dealing with things so back up and respect my wishes.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 11:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• All that matters is what you and your family think.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:09 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Don't worry about what people say or think, she is your child and will forever be a part of you! I would definitely display the pictures!
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• She was your child too. She deserves to be displayed with the rest of them. It would not bother me, although it may raise some questions that might be hard to answer.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:13 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• First of all I want to say that im sorry for the unimaginable pain you have to suffer over losing a child. Secondly, I think you should display her picture in your house because you loved her and she is still your child.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• all of the family knows she passed. but when she first passed i was told not to keep talking about her, to let her rest in peace. so i quit talking to certain family members about my feelings. i miss her so much but i don't want to make anyone uncomfortable.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. You do what you are comfortable with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

Omg how selfish and insensitive of them. Talk about her show off her pics. She will always be in your life!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Show those pictures
    Talk about her
    Dont forget her
    Some of your family is just selfish.
    I am so sorry for your loss
    Yes if I lost my baby I would have her photos everywhere still they would not come off the walls or out of y wallet.
    countrygirls422

Answer by countrygirls422 at 11:32 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Show off those pictures! She is your child, just because she passed doesn't mean she is gone. I am so sorry you had to go through that pain and that your family would be so insensitive about it. I still talk about my daddy and have his pictures up and he's been gone 4 years, nothing wrong with keeping them alive in your heart.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 11:32 AM on Sep. 24, 2009