Can i try to get prego now while weaning myself off of a prescription pill?

So I use the nuvaring and i took it out 2 days ago as i normally do to get my monthy period. however, i would like to leave it out now instead of putting it back in next tuesday! This coming week i also plan to start weaning myself off of the pill Pristique. It will take about 3 weeks to be completely off of it! I know the odds of me getting prego that fast are slim but if i would while w/in the 3 wks of weaning myself of Pristique is that safe for me and baby? Or should i wait till next mth after im completely weaned off that pill? My husband deploys in several mths and we would like to get prego b4 then so the sooner the better? Also, anymore thoughts on 2 Flintstone vitimins instead of prenatals???? Thanks everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Do you mean the antidepressant Pristiq? You should not go off antidepressants without the help of a doctor. Some psychotropic meds need to be decreased in a certain way.

If you have had major depression it may be very dangerous for you to go of the drugs on your own, have your husband leave, and get pregnant. Depression + grief + hormones.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:17 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yes it is the antidepressant Pristiq. However i wasnt given it for depression! I was for feeling shakey, tired etc. b/c of a release of to much of a chemical, which the doctor said would prob. correct itself when i become prego!!!! I have already consulted my doc. on how to go off of them and they said im ready to go! Just not sure if i should stop birth Cont. b4 im weaned off even though it only takes around 3 weeks to do so?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on Sep. 24, 2009