So...what's your opinion?

My sister is a single mom to 3 kids, and she works two jobs. She still qualifies for food stamps and she is getting them now. When she left her husband she didn't have anywhere to go so I let her stay with me rent free for almost 4 months, the only thing she paid (offered, I never pushed her to pay anything) was half of the water bill. Anyway, to make up for it she offers to let me use her food card because she gets a lot on it and doesn't use all of it in one month. Would you take her up on it? I don't qualify for FS, but it really would help me out a lot, and she offered because I let her live with me rent free for so long.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes I would. If you help each other out you can both benefit from the arrangement.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it...

You all share the same house, I would assume that you all
    share the food as well..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• yes
    Ministerswife

Answer by Ministerswife at 11:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• yes as long as it didn't take away from her kids
    Anonymous

• I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't qualify for FS either, but I have a husband and two boys. I would love to have some extra grocery money!
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yes, I would. They never take the money back and if she can't use it all in a month and she offered then by all means use it. I think it's a great use of the benefit.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 11:28 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it. If you all are living together you are more than likely eating together too, right?
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't see a problem as long as her kids are provided for and aren't doing without. You would be helping each other. Money that you could be spending on food yourself is going towards electricity, etc.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it. At long as the kids are taken care of, take what she's offering! It's nice to know she appreciates what you did for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2009