• In the Spotlight:

a 29 day cycle

I HAVE A 29 DAY CYCLE. I HAVE CHECKED OVULATION WEBSITE TO CHECK WHEN I OVULATE AND ALL OF THEM GAVE ME DIFFERNT DAYS. SO CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME ON WHAT DAY I MOST LIKELY WILL OVULATE. IM GOING OUT OF MY MIND.I HAVE BEEN TTC FOR 6 MONTHS ALREADY.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Most women on a 29 day cycle will ovulate between days 12 to 16. Sperm can live in your vagina for several hours, sometime more than a day. On day 12, start trying and dont stop until at least day 16! You can chart your basal body temperature to try to determine the day of ovulation. That's a pain. You can also buy ovulation tests. but 4 days of sex can be fun!

Have fun and baby dust!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:55 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• ecodani is correct...during your fertile phase, sperm can live 96 hours inside you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You probably ovulate somewhere from 11-15 days before your period starts, which for you would be somewhere from day 14-18. You're most fertile in the 2-3 days prior to that, so for the best shot you should have sex at least every other day from day 10-19. If you want to know for sure when you ovulate, you should chart and/or use OPKs (charting is more reliable and cheaper). On-line calendars where you just plug in dates aren't very reliable because our bodies are not the same, and even if another woman had the same 29-day cycle, she could ovulate 2-3 days later than you, or vice-versa, and there's no way to tell that from dates alone. Charting and getting to know your body is the best thing to do. Check out www.fertilityfriend.com.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2009