How can I get my 6 month old to stop head butting?

My 6 month old DS is hitting his head against everything. He will crawl around in the floor and hit his head against the furniture, tv, you, his toys. Is this normal? How can I get him to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like your son is doing it more than normal. They make soft helmets for babies if you are concerned about him hurting himself.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:38 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Some kids do it; there's not much you can do besides tell him not to, but he's so young he'll prob stop when a little older.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:39 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• LOL sorry this Sounds like My OS. When he started crawling he would go as fast as he could head down, down the hallway right into the brick wall. Sit down, shake his head laugh, then turn around and go back the other direction just to do it over. Now He 's a huge, 22 yo who runs into burning buildings for a living. I wouldn't worry if this the only sign of something. Keep an eye on him, make sure he's developing at good rate. He will eventually stop and find something else to terrify you with, like climbing on top of the fridge. Or becoming a fireman.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:47 AM on Sep. 24, 2009