Losing a Friend..

I just learned today that a dear friend of mine passed away unexpectedly this past weekend.
Needless to say I just feel so upset by it, with so many emotions running through me. I am just sitting here alone right now, but want someone to talk to.

Has anyone lost a friend before?

WishyClarkson

Asked by WishyClarkson at 11:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• We recently lost my husbands grandfather with whom we were very close to. It seemed like I had more trouble with it than my husband. I have also had a couple of classmates die that I wasn't very close to, but it really really tore me up anyway because they were both so young. What you have to realize is that death is an ugly lie. Nobody really dies. It is a transitioning period when the soul leaves the body. You feel sad because you are left behind and you will never see that person again in physical form. I don't know your personal beliefs, but what you need to see is that your friend is in a blissful place away from all the pain and agony that this earth can bring. You will have a mourning a period and it's ok to cry and cry, but know that she is still alive somewhere else. Everytime I think of Grandad, I see a butterfly and it reminds me that he has transitioned. We're still caterpillars. She's a butterfly.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Just my Dad. He was my best friend. HUGS
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 11:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• hugs

Answer by admckenzie at 12:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• yes quite a few unfortunately. hugs to you hon i know how you feel wish i had the words to make you feel better. im here to listen. sometimes it feels better just to write your feeelings down. *hugs* to you.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009