pillow

how old was your little one when you let them have a pillow? I am not sure at what age it is safe.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I gave my dd one when she turned 14 mos (same time we switched her into a toddler bed). She doesn't use it tho still, at 22 mos and actually sleeps either right under it or at the end of her bed.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• 2 years old. If your curious, give him or her a starter pillow. Let them lay on the couch with it and see how they do with you there while you are watching them. Let them get used to it first. I ended up getting my LO a travel pillow from Wal-Mart. he loves it. Good luck.
    lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Not using a pillow is just one of the factors for reducing sids like - breastfeeding, no environmental tobacco smoke, using a fan in the baby's room, ect.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my son slept on one for the first 4 months of his life but then he started rolling over so i took it out...
    ilovenoah26

Answer by ilovenoah26 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• 1yr
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:53 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I think when they start bundling up their blankets to sleep on or lay their head on their stuffed animals is a sign that they are ready for a pillow. Otherwise probably not until you switch to a toddler bed.
    KadensMom907

Answer by KadensMom907 at 12:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I have heard that it's best to not ever use a pillow. adults too. but idk about you, but i use a pillow! lol

but my son started wanting to use one a few months ago, and he is now 2. he has a really really flat pillow i made myself a few years ago but never used. it's about the size of a magazine. lol. ok a little thicker and a little longer than that. and it has manatee fabric on one side and my name on the other side. it's pretty ugly but he likes it!

but he just recently lost it (he carries it between his bed and our bed sometimes) and i have just folded a thin blanket for him to put his head on until we can figure out where it disappeared to.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• oh he also has a pretty thick (like a cube almost) pooh pillow that his baby sleep on. ;) it's too thick for him
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009