when did you let your baby sleep with a blanket?

i used to swaddle my son at night, but now hes 5 months and he un-ravels it and tries to eat the blanket, i've went in there and hes had the blanket half over his face while hes asleep, needless to say i stopped using a blanket and just use the sleepers its getting colder out, im just wondering when you let your baby use one again?

ilovenoah26

Asked by ilovenoah26 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I let my son use one since he was born, he'd always kick it off and still does but he can grab it if he needs to.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:52 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Swaddling babies in a blanket while they sleep isn't considered safe. They can use special swaddle blankets like the one from Halo.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:54 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My daughter is 10 months, and if she's not in a sleeper or footed pjs, I give her a blanket. Our room varies on temp for some reason (the rest of the house can be cold and ours will be warm). Depending on room temp, i put on a lighter or thicker blanket. She takes her hands and tucks it under her belly. So cute. But so far, I have never had a problem with her pulling it over her face.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:56 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• dd never wanted to be swaddled, so we liad a blakent over her from the time she was newborn. Shenever had a problem and kicked it off when she didn't want it.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 11:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my DD is 5 months old, ive used a blanket on her from the start. just use a light, breathable one. then, if he pulls it over his face, it'll be okay.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• When my son was a baby I'd just tuck it snugly under his mattress. Then winter ended and he didn't need a blanket at night. I didn't have him with a blanket again until he got in his toddler bed and winter came again.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i've always let DS use a blanket. in fact the only way he would sleep for months was to have a blanket over his face. (we figured it was bc i BF and had to cover in public so he got used to it). i just made sure i chcked on him. and would usually pull it off his face when i went to bed. but he's almost 10 months now and still wants his soft cuddly blanket to sleep....even all through summer lol.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2009