Do you use tap water for your formula?? I live in CO, if that makes a difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope. never have. I used Nursery water until a couple months ago. Now I buy spring water jugs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yes, you can. My pediatrician (who is very good, btw) told me you only need to use bottle water or boil it if you live in a third world country. If an adult can drink the tap water then a baby can. We didn't know this until her 4 mos. check-up and had been boiling it up until then. The tap water is actually good because of the flouride even though they don't have teeth yet.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 12:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I used well water for my son but we live in the city now and we use just regular drinking water for her bottles
    I wont use tap water here not even for us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• We couldn't afford the bottled water so I just boiled for the first 8 mos of her live. After daddy deployed it got a lot harder so we just used tap at that point. And we live in AK...
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I use tap water. I boil it first. A lot of people don't do that but our doctor recommended it as a just in case precaution. I don't mind and it doesn't take long so it's not a hassle as far as I'm concerned.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• we have used tap water from the time we put our little one on formula i asked our dr and he said theres really no reason to boil the water but we have good water where i live so that might make a difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Our pediatrician said if you live in a city with a public approved water supply (pretty much any U.S. city) then tap water is fine. If you aren't using tap water, then you need to use bottled water prepared from an approved water source where flouride would be added or use nursery water which also has flouride added.

To the first Anon - authentic spring water does not have flouride, so if you are using that you might want to ask your pediatrician about flouride supplements for your baby. They need flouride even before their teeth erupt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I am in CO as well.
    We have used regular water from the tap since day one.
    I live in Arvada. But she spends the days with her grandma in Northglenn. They use tap there too.
    We have good water.
    What part are you in?
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Tap water with a filter (old pipes).
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Tap water with a filter (not old pipes).

Answer by missanc at 1:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2009