Anyone develop hormonal acne in their thirties (cysts)... if so, what did you do about it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2008 in Health

• Before I got pregnant I had hormonal cystic acne on my jaw line, my chin and my neck. I went to a dermatologist and started taking Minocycline. It's in the tetracycline family. I also used the weakest strength retin-a gel called Avita at night and a refrigerated erythromycin/benzoyl peroxide gel in the morning. It worked great. My skin was clear and the texture of my skin was very smooth. I know it sounds like a lot, but instead of putting on a moisturizer morning and night(which you should do!)just use the gels. I think I took one small capsule twice a day.
    Once I found out I was pregnant, I had to stop using all three. Anything in the tetracycline family can cause problems with children's teeth if their moms took it while pregnant. So, I talked to my OB/GYN and he said to use Proactiv. This also works well, but you have to remember to use it morning and night. If not, those painful underground suckers will be there before you know it! Good luck!
    suneebeach

Answer by suneebeach at 10:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• i'm still getting those nasty cystic breakouts. what i have been doing that seems to help is drink ten glasses of water a day with lemon juice in it and instead of lotion or those zit creams i put a little 100% aloe vera gel on my face.
    hiddenpoet

Answer by hiddenpoet at 11:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I use the Philosophy skin care line. It's been great for my skin.
    nell_brinkley

Answer by nell_brinkley at 4:39 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I had major breakouts for a long time and I tried all of the in store products and nothing worked. My face hurt to touch, And then I broke down out of desperation and ordered Proactiv. It is the best product Ive ever used, I dont have breakouts any more and my skin is healthy, I even get compliments from strangers on how nice my skin is. I use in once a day when I shower and that works for me. Give it a try, you wont be disappointed.
    Supermom253

Answer by Supermom253 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2008