I am pregnant and my step daughter has pnuemonia

She is supposed to come over this weekend. Her mom said it is non infectious, but I tried to look up non-infectious pediatric pnuemonia and it said the only way you can get it is from ingesting chemicals or aspirating. She just got over the flu and now has an ear infection. So that leads me to believe it is infectious!! Any moms on here dr's or well experience nurses. I am in nursing school and cant find anything on non infectious pnuemonia in my books or the internet for the pediatric population. Should I not be around her?

Cherish050307

Asked by Cherish050307 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Health

• Well I am not a doctor or nurse, but I have actually had pneumonia. You can't really "catch" it, it's a secondary infection. Meaning if you are perfectly healthy, you should be fine. If you have a cold or are otherwise ill, then you are susceptible. Still if you are washing your hands and taking all the other precautions you should be fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Sep. 28, 2009