Suicide

I have been thinking about it for a little while now.I am on meds but my life is so messed up.I cant provide for my kids,we run out of food,our house is falling apart,my health sucks,I may need dentures soon and I am only in my 40s.I am sad all the time and cant handle things anymore.I feel alone and scared.I just dont see what its worth living for anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Health

• Your kids are worth Living for!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Learn to Love your self be positive love life and It will love you back! Be strong!
    neveragain17

Answer by neveragain17 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Please talk to a family member or friend.
    Get in touch with a therapist and work through your problems - please.

Suicide is not the answer.
    It will leave your kids, your partner and your family heartbroken, and that can't be what you want.

Please, find someone to talk to and try to work through your problems because life is worth living, only you can improve the quality of your life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• hug your kids. they would be lost without you, honey. live for them, and seek help. if you are at rock bottom, things can only get better.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i have had times where i have felt like that but even when you feel there is nothing left just think about your children and how lost they would be without you even if you feel there is nothing left there is always something worth living for and always remember you are strong and god will not give you anything more than he knows you can handle
    mom2kaydence09

Answer by mom2kaydence09 at 12:23 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I've been there, it seems like anything any one says doesn't matter. You want to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but it's hard. Please know that you are not alone. There are some great groups here that can help, and I think it's a big step that you are coming out and reaching out for help. I hope that you can find the support you need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i am not going to pry, but if you are on prozac....get off of it! it had my mom suicidal too.....you can wean yourself off, and try something different. as far as the rest contact local help as far as with your help and food stamps, things like that. even a local church can help with food problems. with your depression, i prob am not a good one to help with that, but find a therapist, or like i said b4 go to a church and talk to the preacher, they're trained for counseling as well. good luck momma! remember your kids need you!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Thank-you.But I feel the kids are better off w/o me.I yell and am sad all the time.I feel they would get more help if they were just with their dad.I am not on prozac.I am on another med.I have been for years.I am just tired of not being happy.I cant go into much more b/c I dont want anyone to revognize me but I have been going through so much lately and just cant seem to deal with it anymore.I am scared to die yet I have been tempted so many times to just take some pills and end it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It may seem like life may not have much to offer you right now but God does. Please go to your church and ask for help. There is power in prayer. There is so much for you to live for. Your children need their Mother. You do not want to miss out on seeing them grow up and have children of their own. If nothing else think about the impact your suicide would have on them. Would you want them to follow in your footsteps? Call a friend or family member and tell them how you feel, please, Honey, get help.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 12:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• go to the hospital. tell a doctor. commit yourself. there are professionals who are there to help people in your situation. you can get better, and be there for your kids later on in life.
    i know it doesnt mean much from a stranger, but i'll pray for you.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 1:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2009