How can I get my 21 month old to stop being so mean?

She is really bad like she bits and hits and scratches when she doesn't get her way or if you take something away from her. She doesn't do it to me, but to other kids. Especially her sister who is 4.5 years she will have a book or a coloring book or toy or whatever and my 21 month old will come snatch it out of her hand and say no. I have tried everything to get her to stop and I mean everything so what can I do about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• watch super nanny or nanny 911 its a big help. You need to put her in timeout! It will start working if your consistent! Works great for my son. I hate it when he hits
    NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy

Answer by NaKeYJaKeYsMoMy at 12:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• If you have tried everything it is hard to make suggestions. Have you read the book Without Spanking or Spoiling by Elizabeth Crary or tried the StarParenting system? It would be a good place to start. You can find more info on Elizabeth Crary's website.

What toddler parenting books have you read?
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I haven't really read any books
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i don't know the answer, but my roommate has a 21 mo old boy and my sister has a 21 mo girl and right now they are both doing the same things- so my guess is this is a stage of development.Tell her no and physically remove her from the situation. When telling her no doesn't work, sister puts her in her room with a baby gate and takes her out a few minutes later to play again. You can also try to prevent it by giving them similar toys or giving her a toy or something else to do.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 1:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• IDK... spanking works around here....
    HaydensMommy007

Answer by HaydensMommy007 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2009