Potty Training Issues

My almost three year old does a great job going to the potty by himself at daycare when he goes a few days a week, but as soon as he gets home, he goes to the bathroom in his diaper and doesn't even try to go to the bathroom. He even tells me that he's pooping as he's doing it. Does anyone have any suggestions?!?!?! We've tried the whole treats when he's goes by himself, but apparently this isn't cool anymore. HELP!!!!

laliserano

Asked by laliserano at 12:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I find that its WAY easier to potty train without any diapers. So take the diapers off. When he starts going, rush him to the potty and tell him thats where hes supposed to go. Sooner or later, he would get it and start going by himself. It took my child 3 days to potty train and shes only 18 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• well let me say this, girls always do just about everything fast than boys. i've talked to several people and even read in books that girls will go potty much easier and earlier than all/most boys. so lucky you:) however, i appreciate the advice and will certainly try that. thank you!
    laliserano

Answer by laliserano at 1:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You absolutely need to get rid of the diapers (except at night). They will never train if they are wearing diapers.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• mompam-what do you do if you are in public and they wet their underwear-that's why i've been using pull-ups.
    laliserano

Answer by laliserano at 3:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• We use the padded underwears. I got mine at Walmart. That way, if he has an accident, he would have some form of protection until you can get him to the bathroom. Absolutely no diapers....They would NEVER take it off use the bathroom. At least for my kid. But once we switched to panties, thats what triggered the change. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I stayed home for 3 days when my kids were training. They felt the wet and "got it". It truly only took 3 days.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:50 PM on Sep. 25, 2009