am i over protective of my DD?

THERE BIO FATHER HASN'T BEEN AROUND FOR 7-8 YRS AND FOR THE PAST 2 MONTHS HE HAS BEEN TRYING TO GET INVOLVED WITH THEM. TELLING MY DD, AND MY DS THEY SHOULDN'T BE DOING THIS OR THAT. WHAT GIVES HIM THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT THEY CAN OR CAN'T DO. HE DON'T EVEN KNOW THEM REALLY. WELL I HAVE BEEN LETTING THEM GO WITH HIM FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS HERE AND THERE. HIS GIRLFRIEND JUST CALLED ME AND WANT TO TAKE MY DD AND HER DD ON A SHOPPING SPREE THIS SATURDAY. I SAID SHE COULD GO, BUT THEN SHE ASKED IF MY DD COULD STAY THE NIGHT WITH THEM. MY GUT TELLS ME NO, BECAUSE I'M SCARED THAT SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN WHILE SHE IS OVER THERE. IF SHE HAS TO BE RUSHED TO THE HOSPITAL HE DON'T KNOW WHAT SHE IS ALLERGIC TO OR ANYTHING. I DON'T EVEN THINK HE WOULD CALL ME AND LET ME KNOW IF ANYTHING DID HAPPEN. I ALLOWED HIM TO TAKE MY DS TO THE STATE FAIR WHILE MY DD WAS SICK. WHAT SHOULD I DO? AM I BEING OVER PROTECTIVE? PLEASE HELP!

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 12:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wouldnt let my kids go with him anywhere until he visited the house enough and my kids knew him better. as for his GF she may be a really nice person. But do you know her? I wouldnt let my kids go there either. Its like letting a kid stay at a friends house. You wouldnt let them go without meeting the family a few times first??? My Dad was MIA until i was 12. his wife had her own kids. Was nice to me around people but ignored me when we were alone. she was snide and rude too. IDK I think its better to trust your gut
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I WOULDT LET THE GO EITHER.YOUR DOING THE RIGHT THING
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Do you let her spend the nights at friends' houses? If so, do they know everything she is allergic to and such? I would say if your daughter is comfortable with going and wants to go then i would let her. I would also let her know that if she gets homesick that she can call at anytime of day or night and you would come and get her. If she is allergic to anything, write it down, send a copy of her insurance card if by chance something does happen. If you are (and I am assuming you are) the custodial parent you have to give permission at the hospital for things. On the copy of her insurance card write you phone number and other info so the hospital could call you. If nothing other than him not being around for years is your reason i would let her go. Maybe he is trying to do better now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Stick with your gut;
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I say trust your gut!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009