My postpartum hair loss is so severe that I bought myself a wig. Unfortunately for me, I have a big bald spot on top of my head and my scalp on top shows.

I've tried to do the "comb over" but I just have thinning all over my head that it doesn't work. Has anyone tried "Toppik" or any concealer for the scalp? Has anyone experienced something like this after pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I thought I was going to get to that point quickly. I clogged up the drain every time I showered with a GIANT hairball and I was starting to see noticable thinning on parts of my head. DH said he didn't see that much thinning but I did! I started drinking a big glass of milk everyday and the hair loss is almost stopped. I hope this little tip helps hun, I don't know anything about scalp concealers... sorry.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 1:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Oh how horrible, no idea about the concealer. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Um, any hair loss that is significantly drastic to the condition of your hair prior to pregnancy is a sign of a problem. You need to see a doctor ASAP.

Sometimes hormonal changes after pregnancy can trigger other problems.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 1:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I am a little over 6 months postpartum and just stopped pulling hair balls every time I brushed my fingers through my hair. I thought it was a severe problem too, but everyone told me it was normal so I just dealt with it. My bald spots were on my temples so I do look a little funky. It will stop though. If you feel it is a problem, ask your doctor. I agree with Nesa. Perhaps try drinking lots of milk and take your lactation vitamin religiously.

I have no idea about the concealer. Maybe try pulling your hair in a pony tail if it is long enough.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 24, 2009