Are there no BIG presents for a 1 year old's first birthday??

I keep looking up toys for my son's 1st birthday and all the cool, big (as in that ONE toy that is just so cool and the best present) one's are for 2+ years of age.

Any ideas? What did you do for your little one's first birthday?

ours

Asked by ours at 12:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• a big, fancy rocking horse!!! :) loads of fun, and it lasts for a couple years!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• We got one from my aunt months ago and he still doesn't seem to interested in it :[ It's at my mom's house, so I was thinking of maybe getting one for over here but he doesn't really like it.
    ours

Answer by ours at 1:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I would do like a Little Tykes outdoor playset or something. If he's big enough to climb, he can go down a slide or something, and some of them have little toddler swings and such on them.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• We got my son this for his 1st birthday:
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2634534&CAWELAID=107508639

It's only $40 and has been the most AWESOME toy ever. He is three now and still plays with it (his matchbox cars all roll down it too).
    We also got him some of the those wheel pals-
    http://www.amazon.com/Playskool-09133-PlaySkool-Wheel-Pals/dp/B000K6QLZW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1253812508&sr=1-2

He still plays with those, but in the bathtub now. And these wheel pals also roll down the garage ramp toy.

Hope this helps.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 1:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• one of those little radio-flyer trikes. They are designed for 1-3.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• get him a ride on toy- my 15 mo old got one and loves scooting around on it and pushing it everywhere. this is also the age where they like shape sorters,simple puzzles, and learning books that play music.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 1:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• We got our son the Laugh and Learn Home. He absolutely loves it! Plays with it most of the day! I got it for $80 with shipping on sale at ToysRus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• A ride on toy or an outdoor playset will both come in handy. But - you could just get him some smaller stuff and save the money for next year!

Answer by missanc at 2:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• He has a ride on toy. My aunt has a 3 year old and 5 year old so we've gotten a looot second hand from them haha. I don't think that we've boughten a toy besides one of those circle jumping things which he's almost too big for.

I'm guna look into the outdoor play set, that sounds like a cute idea!
    ours

Answer by ours at 3:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• We got my son a sandbox.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:54 PM on Sep. 24, 2009