At what age is it ok to put blankets in the crib?

Baby is 10 months old and still uses the Sleepsacks...We're still so scared of SID and all...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• I never put blankets in the crib - we keep the heat on in the house, so the most mine ever needed was a sleeper, with an undershirt if it was really cold.

Answer by missanc at 12:59 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Mine had blankets from day one. First they were swaddled in them (a quilt that belonged to my husband when he was a baby) and then it was just tucked in around them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• my kids aren't allowed "regular" blankets or comforters. the ones they use are hand crochet. when they were 0-6 months we used the sleep sac. which was great at giving them that little extra warmth. for some reason the bedrooms stayed a little cooler than the rest of the house. even with the thermostat at 80. everyone will have their own opinion about sids, but i've gone through it and my daughter didn't have a blanket in her crib. best of luck

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• We had blankets from day one.

If SIDS is going to happen, it's going to happen whether there's a blanket or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My son loved to be swaddled and so there was a blanket in the crib most of the time. By the time he was a year he had picked out his blankly and would roll over and over till it was firmly wrapped around him. He still does that now and he is 3
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My DD was swaddled as a baby. Once she was old enough to wiggle out of them we took them out. We started putting them back in around 9 months. They were pointless then though because she did not keep them on...still doesn't. She also still doesn't have a pillow at 21 months. I am not getting her one because she would not use it she would throw it out of the crib. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Since day #1........ Blankets.......A pillow once she got a little older maybe 9-12months and Also her fave stuffed animals.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Always had blanket. Weird not to in my opinion.
    peppermintkathy

Answer by peppermintkathy at 12:14 AM on Sep. 25, 2009