My DH is supposed to ask his HR department if his insurance covers marriage counseling but he keeps forgetting, do you think this means he really doesn't care about saving our marriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• no it's probably just humiliating for him to ask- he sees the HR person everyday
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I agree with the PP. He is probably embarrassed to ask. He knows these people well and doesn't want anybody asking questions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• No
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:05 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Why don't you call the insurance company and ask them
    Zakysmommy

• I'd say he is like most men and just forgot. Yes, I would call the HR dept or the insurance co myself and just ask. They may even have a website that says what they do and do not cover. Most do cover counseling.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• no it just means he's a man and that kind of stuff isn't on the fore front of his mind during the day. I would ask him if there was something he wanted you to do (text, leave a message, etc) while he was at work to remind him.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 1:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Your husband doesn’t want HR to know that you are having problems; this is completely understandable. They don’t need to know. You can phone the number on the back of your insurance card and ask if this is covered. Additionally, you can phone HR and ask if there is an employee assistance program. EA provides referrals from everything from child care to therapy.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Most men just don't like others especially in a place he works to know that they are having relationship troubles, also men don't really as a rule like others getting involved with their relationships in anyway I don't think it means he doesn't care.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 1:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• He's probably just embarassed about asking the HR person. Also, men can be stubborn about going to conseling, trust me on that. Can you just call the company yourself? That is probably the only way it will get done.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I would be embarrassed if I were him. Why don't you try calling them yourself? You don't have to tell them who you are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:00 AM on Sep. 25, 2009