depression

im pretty sure i have depression. But i dont want to tell anyone bc i think they will tell me im lying. Ive had it since my son was born and hes now 9 months old. My dad always tell me im just like my mother and if i tell him then hes goin to shove it in my face that he told me i was just like her bc shes on antidepression meds. Im also scared to say anything bc i dont want my babies father to find out and try to use it in court against me bc my sister will tell him and i KNOW she will. im scared to tell my bf and im sure i have no reason to be scared of telling him i just am. i dont know what to do .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Health

• take a deep breath. post partum depression is so common. your OB can help you. hopefully your BF will understand. he's really the only person you need to tell.
    its treatable, honey. and its not your fault. its your hormones. everything will be okay.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 1:04 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• go tell your doctor. He cannot (legally) tell anyone else and he is also the best one to help you. It happens to a lot of mothers, you are not alone. Don't be scared, get help for the sake of the little one if you wont for yourself. *hugs*
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You can work through this! Families are crazy. People who say they don't have crazies in their family are full of it. Take a step back and know that you can do this!

The hardest part about depression is making yourself do the work to get better. I'm sure you've heard this before, but diet and exercise are more effective than medication. It's 100% true. Maybe you can go for a walk every day with your baby? Maybe you can skip the coffee or the sweet tea or the french fries? Chose 1 thing today that you can do to feel good. Just 1 thing. And do 1 thing tomorrow. You can do this!!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Go to the Doctor and get help. And NO one has to know but you. Depression can get bad and if you don't get on something and it gets worse your Ex might use that against you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• He can only use it against you legally if you are not doing something about it and bettering yourself. I was admited into the hospital over depression before my daughter's 1st birthday. I left when she was about 18 months. Because I have sought help, he can't use that against me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Sep. 24, 2009