ok i need help ={

Ok ladies i have a dilema here My husband wants us to renew our vows as our church is doing this in honor of a series so people are being invited to renew them i want to do this but my problem is im 31 weeks and all i can find is Black maternity clothes i have this really nice pair of black pants and top that i bought for my husband's company dinner and was really comfortable. i dont like bright clothes and i feel more comfortable in black. so my question is do you think it is ok to wear this set or not... i dont have the money to go and buy my self something new. oh and the renewing of vows is this comming sunday!

MyPrincesses421

Asked by MyPrincesses421 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have no idea what the dress code is, is there a dress code in a church or something?

goodwill has cheap maternity clothes
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• This about your vows and not about what you wear. As long as you are comfortable, who cares.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• It's fall, black is sexy, you'll look awesome. got to Target or TJ Maxx or some affordable place and spice it up with a cool scarf or big expressive jewelery. Some larger brighter/ lighter or white accessories will change the outfit.

Congrats on having such a loving DH to do this with you!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I think its what you feel comfortable in. Its not about the color of the outfit. I will tell you my wedding and our colors. The hubby is black and I'm white. So, we had a black and white wedding. He wore a white tux and I wore a black dress with white outlining. My bridesmaids wore white dresses and the groomsmen wore black tuxs. We got married in our church and the ceremony was very traditional. So, it doesn't matter what the "traditional" colors are. Go with what makes you and your husband happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't think it really matters...as far as I'm aware of, there is no dress code for renewing of vows. There's no dress code for weddings...everyone does exactly what they want.

So if you want to wear black, wear black. Dress it up with jewelry or a scarf. Wear nice shoes. Who said you have to buy something brand new? There are lots of consignment shops that cater to pregnant women and have affordable clothing. If you want something semi-new, you can always go there.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 1:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• there is no dress code in church, and i appreciate all of your comments :) i was planning on wearing my sapphire necklace and bracelet that he bought me when he got home from iraq. i really do want to thank you all for everything!! and not thinking im ridiculous because i want to wear black :D
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 1:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i think whatever you feel comfortable in would be perfect. i don't think anyone will think it's weird that you are wearing black. you can't wear white. lol. :) congrats on renewing your vows.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Sep. 24, 2009