My pediatrician keeps telling me to only feed my 3 month old 4 oz at each feeding...

My son has had problems spitting up since I brought him home. But he is gaining weight like crazy. He was 6 lbs 6 oz at birth and now at 3 month's he is a little over 14 lbs! The doctor keeps telling me to only feed him 4 oz at each feeding, and to put two teaspoons of rice in each bottle since it helps keep him from throwing it back up...but after he finishes the bottle he starts screaming like he is still hungry. Do I listen to the doctor and keep giving him just 4 oz or move him up to 6???

linemans_wyf

Asked by linemans_wyf at 1:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Feed him the 6 oz, poor baby is Huuuuuuungry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Don't let your baby be hungry! I HATE when doctors tell people this.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I agree - feed him!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• NEVER let a baby go hungry. u tell the dr how its goin to be u should listen to the drs 100%. so what hes a big baby maybe he will be tall.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Unfortuntely this is a fine line...if you give more, he is more apt to spit it up...I would up it a 1/2 oz at a time to see if he will keep it down before giving the full 6 oz.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• sry i ment shouldNT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Is he crying because of gas? Or is he hungry? I wouldn't let a baby go hungry.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 1:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• 14 lbs @ 3 months isn't big.. my 6 week old is 12lbs! lol anyways feed the baby when he's hungry
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• have you changed his formula? we used gentlease by enfamil for our son along with the rice. but go ahead and increase the milk if he's still hungry. the doctor means well but your child shouldn't be still hungry after a feeding.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yes, people keep telling me he is gonna be a big man when he grows up. His daddy is 6'2 and 240 lbs the last time I saw him. His uncle is tall too, and there are alot of big men on my side of the family. My son has huge hands and big feet too so I hope he is just going to be a big man. Thanks everyone!
    linemans_wyf

Answer by linemans_wyf at 1:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009