Working moms that would rather be SAHMs?

How takes care of your child and how do you deal with the guilt? I have been very lucky to stay home with my 17 month old but now I really need to find a full time job and it is killing me!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I meant who takes care of your child...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Currently I am working 7p-7a 3 days a week so my husband is home with our boys and I sleep the next day. I was a SAHM and I enjoy working very much now!
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I don't feel guilty...working gives me a break away from her. I don't know if I would want to be a SAHM as when I am on vacation, I am BORED out of my mind. There are only so many chores that you can do to keep busy and at toddler stage, she likes to play 50% of the time by herself so that leaves me with what to do...
    And she goes to an in-home daycare.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• And I went back to work when she was 10 weeks old...and since I was nursing, I wish that I could have stayed home until she weaned. I'd still be bored though.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• My son goes to daycare. I do not feel guilty. He has a really fun day (although we have fun together I think he really loves playing with the other children all day). We come home and have our routine and snuggle on the couch before bedtime.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 1:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• im a sahm and i WISH i had a job.. i cant find one.. why should u feel guitly/ ur finding a job to support the kids once u get into the routine u will be fine.. u can have family watch the kids. friends watch the kids. or day care. if u cant afford day care there is child care resorces that will help you
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I work full time, but only 2 days in the office and 3 days at home with kids. I love the days I go to the office. I feel no guilt whatsoever. I have a nice quiet day and they get to have fun in preschool with their friends...crafts, field trips, circle time, exercise, playground... its great. My kids both started when they were 3 months old. I felt guilt when they were tiny babies, but once they hit about 1 or so no more guilt. Its fun for them and a nice break for me. Now the 3 days I'm working and home AND being a SAHM, those are TOUGH. I feel more guilt then because I'm stretched too thin...
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• If you ant to be a sahm Be a sahm. If you are doing it because of finanacial reasons then work from home. Selling avon, mary kay, making hair bows and selling them on Craigslist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

I beg your pardon, but I can't make what I'm making now selling Avon, etc.  What a trite statement to make.

DH and I work different shifts to cover.  We can't really afford, nor do we like the idea of, day care. 

AMom29

Answer by AMom29 at 1:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Ditto AMom29... until I can make 60K selling avon or making hair bows, I can't be a SAHM.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2009