Consignments

Anyone done this before? Can you make money by consigning your clothes? I have a lot of baby clothes I need to sell.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Theres a few places i go to but I normally stick with 'Once Upon A Child' Its just like platos. They won't give you much but its better than nothing. I love it
    yaffamommy

Answer by yaffamommy at 3:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yes... I use a local one and have done very very well... I buy stuff there sometimes too... They are "upscale resale" so they are picky, but its working well for me. It's called On Second Thought, dont know if they are anywhere else.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• it really depends on what you have to sell- what brand names..around here at least, they are very picky about what they buy- like no Carters or even Children's Place

you might want to try consignining at one of the big consignment sales- not a store? like Just Between Friends or Divine Consign- I think those are all over? google them
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I work at Once Upon a Child, im not sure if you have one close to you but they pay out right for clothing and you get 30 - 40% of what it gets priced for larger items cribs, pack and plays, strollers get priced higher and you get 50% of those. It is fast easy money it isn't always a lot but it is a way to get rid of clothes and at least get some money back. I know at my store we are very picky with clothes and try to pick the best so if you wanted to shop there also there is normally a great variety!
    BellasMommy210

Answer by BellasMommy210 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2009