PLEASE TELL ME I DID THE RIGHT THING

My grandma got my daughter a lil tabby cat when she was little, we couldnt have pets so she kept him at her house, We moved to a farm 4 mths ago and brought him with, hes the best cat and has been outside he loves my daughter and she cares for him shes almost 4 now. The cat got into it with something and had a stomache laceration with something hanging out, everyone but my bf said shoot him. I couldnt I took him in for surgery itll cost 230.00 with his nueter please some one assure me i did the right thing he was very alert walking around and came right to my daughter, she said mommy dont worry hell grow a new stomache. Was i right to stick the money into him? im feeling guilty

mememecassie

Asked by mememecassie at 1:39 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pets

• what? no, you did the right thing, you saved his life omg i can't believe they all said to shoot it, poor little guy, he's lucky to have you and your daughter to love him (btw $230.00 is cheap!)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You did the right thing. Pets aren't meant to be disposable. Part of the responsibility is providing medical care if needed. You have nothing to feel guilty over.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You did the right thing!!!!!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• In a word. Yes. That is assuming this was not a big finacial hardship on you. I think you did a very good thing.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 1:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• thank you. the vet was great i traveled an hour to see him i only had 100 cash until my check comes 2morrow or monday and hes doing it cheaper than most. everyone keep your fingers crossed that hes comes through ok...
    mememecassie

Answer by mememecassie at 1:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You absolutely did the right thing. Pets are a family memeber and you saved his life. You should feel so happy that he made it.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 1:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• im not sure he did yet hes in surgery,
    mememecassie

Answer by mememecassie at 1:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• What did the vet say? Was there a good chance of survival for the cat? I love animals, I mean REALLY love them, but I know that I can't afford a huge vet bill right now so I don't have one. Honestly, if it were me and the vet said his chance of living was not good, I probably would have put it out of it's misery....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I would have too. You really did the right thing. Poor kitty let us know how he does.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 2:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• 230 is awesome! You totally did the right thing.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:19 PM on Sep. 24, 2009