Should SAHM be allowed to be on PA?

If they would have a job maybe they would not need Food stamp or money from the government?
If you need PA than you can not afford to be a SAHM.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• clapping

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i don't NEED wic & i'm a sahm but we qualify so i get it, why not like you said the lazy bitches get it so why not me too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Maybe she's a SAHM because she can't afford childcare!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Exactly the way I feel. If you can't afford to stay home and be okay without assistance then you need to go back to work. And you can sit there and say well the cost of daycare is so expensive and I can't afford it or I would JUST be paying for daycare if I worked. Well then that means you need to get a BETTER job. You're really NOT taking care of your family 100% if the state is helping you.
    Anonymous

• Have you thought about the ones that need to be at home due to a child's special needs or not being able to find a job? Even more now with jobs so hard to find. I know a number of people that have been looking a long time for a job and still have not been able to find one. I have been on PA myself with my first child because my husband didn't make enough money and I couldn't work due to my DD health problems. I would have been taking off monthly if not weekly or more just to take her to the doctor. So it all depends on the family and what their needs are.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 1:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Another one of these? Seriously? Some SAHM moms USE to work. I use to work and was laid off. I only get WIC right now but will need to get on some other form of PA if i cant find a job soon. Dont be so quick to judge.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• YOU NEED TO BE LOOKING FOR A JOB IF YOU ARE ON PA!!

Most states require this.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Why I enjoyed getting PA while I was a SAHM.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

Exactly, if you can't afford to pay for child care then you need to better yourself and get a HIGHER paying job. PA is for people that need help from TIME to TIME not a permanent fix. And it's not to be there while you sit on your butt and live off the state. If you're barely making it and living off PA then are you really taking care of your kids??? And is it really fair to them?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Anon 49- No they dont not if you have a child under school age they actually encourage to to stay home.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2009