TMI question but I need help....some relief please help!

for quite some time I have been dealing with a vaginal issue during my pregnancy, I have had bladder infections and yeast infections throughout the course of the pregnancy and these were identified by the doctor through urine screening....well I have had this particular issue for a little while and the doctor has not picked up on it through my urine. I have had severe itching and irritation in my vaginal area. I have a nasty discharge that also causes an odor. the only relief i get is to "air out" my vagina or to put cold water on it. sorry this is graphic and disgusting but i need your help what would you do in this situation and did this happen to you while pregnant? HELP PLEASE

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well, it cant be a bacterial infection because those show up in urine....sorry to say, but STD maybe? (not sayin your nasty) I know I had trichomaniases once and you dont necessarily have to had sex to have it. It can develop from a more serious vaginal infection that has gone undetected. But if nothing is showing up in the urine, idk.
    mzhazelrae313

Answer by mzhazelrae313 at 1:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Yeah I agree it sounds like that trich infection. My niece had it at the beginning of her pregnancy & didnt know it until it just got sooo bad she went to the ER & they told her she had it. I would demand the dr. do something for you. Keep bugging them. You shouldn't have to suffer like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I have had it off and on. I live in Florida, and the DR says that the humidity, weight, and sweat makes up for a lot of the reason behind it. The first time I went in with the issue I had a bacteria infection that she sent an antibiotic for. The other couple of times they had me do Monistat. This time around they told me to do the 7 day because the 3 and 5 would be a waste of time. However, I try to stay away from it and I use the Vagisil Satin. It is new, and after a day or two it works. I like it, it's cooling and better than the regular ointment.
    acholt21

Answer by acholt21 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 24, 2009