racists jokes... and no this is not to get something started

I can take a racist joke when its not directed at me or my kids. well my family said a racist joke about blks (my kids are biracial) and it was something about god coming down give a blk kid wings and sayin nigga u a bat.. ok that was fine and all the problem is the picked up my son and kept sayin nigga u a bat to his face, i do know he cant understand it but thats not the point i dont like anyone sayin crap like that to my kids. am i wrong for not wanting them to direct that to my kids or am i over thinking it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think that it's right for your family to be saying what they said. Matter of fact, I think it was really wrong for them to do that. If I were you, I'd be upset as well. My kids are bi-racial, and I'd be LIVID if my family made fun of them. Stand up for yourself, and don't let that happen again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• See THAT is the problem! You can take a racial joke when it is not at you or your kids? WTH. Racist is Racist! I would be furious!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• If you are against racist jokes aimed at you, maybe you should rethink your stance on them all together. Honestly, I would have left as soon as they said that joke. I would have made it clear that I have no interest in hearing that kind of talk especially around my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• What kind of family do you have? For that matter, what makes you think racist jokes are ok as long as they're not directed at you? It's not ok, at all, ever. Tell them to stop or keep your kids away. Your attitude needs adjusting too.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 1:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• You were not wrong, or over reacting!! That is terrible!! I would be so upset if someone said that to one of my kids/grandkids. Personally I don't like racist jokes, and sure don't want them told around my children.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• OP....my family is screwed up i cant stand them honestly. But i can take a joke is what im sayin. i dont care if its a white joke a blk joke mexican or w/e as long as its not directed towards ANYONE.. i think a joke is a joke no matter what unless u mean to be mean about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Sep. 24, 2009