weird pap

So my doc just called me and told me that she wants me to do another pap the end of october because mine was....her words were "not abnormal per-say" but she said that I am missing a whole string of cells....like they just aren't there....has anyone had this happen to them and what was it? is it bad? I don't even know what to think I'm just confused I've never heard of this before.

julieobug

Asked by julieobug at 1:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Health

• BUMP!!
    julieobug

Answer by julieobug at 9:15 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Honestly, I wouldn't worry about it unless your doctor gives you a reason to. Speaking from experience, they'll probably want to do another pap and maybe perform a colposcopy. That's where they look at the cervix under a microscope like device and take a small sample of the area where there is more of an abnormality. When I had mine done, it came back as mild dysplasia (pretty much funny looking cells) and it cleared up on it's own. My sister had an abnormal pap after her pregnancy and since then she's been OK. From what I hear, sometimes this happens after giving birth.
    kelmer

Answer by kelmer at 3:29 PM on Sep. 30, 2009