Gripe Water

Has anyone used this and did it work?

stepmom2boys407

Asked by stepmom2boys407 at 2:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• GRIPE WATER IS LIQUID GOLD!!! Yes, it works. However, there are a ton of different kinds with a ton of different ingredients. I got a kind called Kolik which contained Sodium Bicarbonate and Oil of Fennel (Oil of Fennel seems to be the magic ingredient). It works almost instantly and it seems to just consolidate the air bubbles (gas or burping) and get them out. If you give it before a feeding, the burp comes really easily. If you give it when they're gassy...they'll toot like crazy and calm right down. I used to give it before the last feeding of the day...baby would toot all the way through the nursing session, situp and burp and go right to sleep. ***Some kinds still contain alcohol which is not safe...watch the ingredient list!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• yes i use it with my 4 month old when she has colic and it works wonders,she loves it and in about 2 to 5 minutes her colic is gone i truly recommend it ;)
    maryfer

Answer by maryfer at 2:08 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I used it with my son and it worked very well.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Thank You.
    stepmom2boys407

Answer by stepmom2boys407 at 4:17 PM on Sep. 24, 2009