WIC question about the cans of juice

I got canned juice instead of frozen juice this time

Do I need to put the juice in a different container after I open the can, or can i just put a hole in the top of the can and pour it into a cup and leave the open container in the fridge?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Food & Drink

• wic doesn't give me any money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• don't leave it in the can it can cause botulism, put it in a different container

have you tried juicy juice? it's wic approved
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• v fusion is also wic approved and it gives the kids veggies and fruit. my daughter LOVES it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• no i haven't that's not on my list of juice that's approved

and yeah i heard the botulism thing a while back but didn't know if i believed it because my sister always left cans open in the fridge
    Anonymous

• I get it in the can and put it in a different container. If I leave it in, or even chill it in the can, it always has a metal taste to it. Definatly put it in a different container. Anyways, you can put it in a container with a lid. By the way a while back some one found a mouse in a Juicy Juice Can. So now they recommend opening the container and putting it in another container just to make sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• what the hell, v fusion isn't wic approved for me, or juicy juice
    Anonymous

• Damn- I only got the cans because I don't have a container for juice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• When I got the cans I would go ahead and make it up one or two cans at a time. I don't think you would want to just leave it in the can cause then you are not getting the correct mix when you just mix it up a cup at a time.
    Katysmom

Answer by Katysmom at 2:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Juicy Juice is approved where I am, but when I was in another state it wasn't. V Fusion isn't approved where I am but I wish it was. It's the only one I've found that won't give my daughter the runs!! ALL the other ones have.
    Anonymous

• No- you don't mix the cans. You mix the frozen juice- the 46 ounce cans are ready to drink.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Sep. 24, 2009