my daughter has 15 bites on her if not more!

she wont hold still enough for me to count them all. but i swear she has been sleepin with a spider. they are ALL over her back. what can i use to help get ride of them?? i have after bite for the itching but it doesnt make them go away!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Cortizone helps the itching, and benadryl will relieve swelling and help itching. As always check dosages and with Dr before giving new meds! If they start to get more inflammed, feel hot to the touch, or change colors go to the ER or you ped IMMEDIATELY. Those are signs of poisonous spider bites. Also you may want to check her mattress for signs of bed bugs. I read recently that bed bugs are becomming a big problem in the US. GL momma!
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 2:20 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I would check for bed bugs or fleas. My MIL's house had fleas and she says she didn't know it, and she woke up one morning with a whole bunch of bites on her back (it looked like 20+ bites in a circle), the doc told her they were flea bites. Do they itch? Sting? Hurt? Hot?
    armywifeandmom3

Answer by armywifeandmom3 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• i know the dogs have fleas but i know they arent flea bites. I washed her bed stuff to make sure.. they do itch she doesnt say they hurt in anyway and they arent hot
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I hate to say it---but it has to be said--- since the discontinition of DEET and the increase of world travel---bed bugs are back----and they are hard to get rid of---hosiptals and hotels and colleges are full of them!!! Things to look at include---bites, blood streaks on sheets and mattresses and they like to hid on edges of matteresses in the trim part--they are tiny and hard to see!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:07 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• Are you sure they are bites and not an allergic reaction? My daughters allergic reaction started as red dots on her back and then slowly spread.

If they are bugs, start by vacuuming her mattress and washing hte sheets well. Then invest in a nice matttress cover to help if it's bed bugs or the like. If it's just a visitor, spray the house for hte usual type bugs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• It may not be a bug bite. She could have measles, chicken pox or be having an allergic reaction to a food, laundry soap, body soap,etc. It could also be bed bugs.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:29 AM on Sep. 26, 2009

• Spray her bed with Sol-U-Guard. Many products are filled with chemicals so be careful what you spray on her bed! Sol-U-Guard will kill bed bugs! Also apply Some Mela-oil on her skin rash. If they don't get better bring her to her DR. to be checke dout. My kids had spider bites but not that many. It cuold also be a reaction to her soap etc. like people said before. Try natural products! Email me for more specific answer, I do not always check back here.
    Moriah
    MLanglois7@cox.net
    MoriahL

Answer by MoriahL at 12:52 PM on Sep. 28, 2009