• In the Spotlight:

While pregnant did you ever have protein found in your urine?

if so what became of it ....did you have more test done to determine the cause or were you treated for something. if you were treated what was wrong with you?? please let me know

tiffandgene2009

Asked by tiffandgene2009 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• protein in urine can be a sign of a UTI or preeclampsia when it's found during preg. If your blood pressures are normal I would guess its more likely a UTI. I have had both problems. My preeclampsia was relativily mild. I was put on bedrest to help keep BP lower but no meds or anything crazy.
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 2:22 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I had protein in my urine at the end of my pregnancy, but my blood pressure remained low and I didn't have a UTI. 10 months after delivery I'm still having protein in my urine, and just went to the nephrologist - he said I have some slight kidney damage, probably from meds that were given to me after delivery.

Answer by missanc at 2:28 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I had protine in my urine most of the time i was prego each and everytime. my body did not handle the hormone changes well and retaliated with constant urinary track infections. i took a pill and it kept the pain at bay but that was it.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 2:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I had protein in my urine, the doctors kept a close watch to make sure that my number were not increasing. Throughout my pregnancy I did the 24 hr urine test 3 times. I ended having a emeregency c-section just a week early than my due date because my blood pressure went up really high and had high numbers with the protein (preeclampsia). LOL hopefully I wasn't too confusing trying to explain my situation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• This is my third pregnancy and I have had protein in my urine EVERY appt of EVERY pregnancy and it is no concern at all. If you are further along in your pregnancy (3rd tri-mester) and are all of a sudden spilling large amounts of protein, it can be a sign of preclampsia
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:03 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Everytime I've gone to my midwife I've had trace amounts of protien in my urine. She said as long as my blood pressure stays good I'll be ok. I talked to my aunt who is an RN and she told me to stay away from salt until after the baby is born.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I had high protein levels as well. They labeled it as preeclamsyia even though i had no other symptoms of it, but I didnt have a UTI. I had to have a c-section because of it. The doctor was worried because the levels weren't going down. If i remember right, they were going up. I did the 24-hour urine test 3 times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Sep. 24, 2009

• I had protein in my urine at 37 weeks and my BP was very high and I was swelling.  My doctor said it was preeclampsia.  I had to be induced. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 3:28 AM on Sep. 25, 2009

• I just went for my 30 week check up and they found blood and protein in my urine. My BP wasn't really high....125/79 which is high for me (usually 96/64 or around that), but not high in general. She just told me to try to relax and keep my feet up as much as I can, kinda hard for a full time nurse with a 2 1/2 year old, but I will try!
    jennybear2383

Answer by jennybear2383 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2009